|September 09, 2024 - September 10, 2024
|February 15, 2024
Call for papers and symposia
The East European Network for Philosophy of Science (EENPS), in co-operation with the Interdisciplinary Centre for Ethics, Jagiellonian University, announces the fifth conference of the East European Network for Philosophy of Science in Kraków to be held on September 9-10th 2024. The conference is fully in-person.
• Kristina Rolin (Tampere University)
• Federica Russo (Utrecht University)
Submission site: https://eenps2024.sciencesconf
We invite abstracts of contributed papers and symposia proposals in the following areas:
a) General Philosophy of Science
b) Philosophy of Physical Sciences
c) Philosophy of Biological and Medical Sciences
d) Philosophy of Social and Cognitive Sciences
e) History and Social Studies of Science
f) Philosophy of Formal Sciences, Philosophy of Mathematics, and Philosophy of AI
We especially welcome submissions in areas of philosophy of medicine and public health.
Call for contributed papers
Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts up to 500 words excluding references + short abstracts up to 100 words as a .pdf file prepared for blind review. The abstracts should be headed by the title of the corresponding area (a – f), the title of the paper, and 3 to 5 keywords. Please also select the corresponding area as a topic in ScienceConf submission form.
Call for symposia
Groups of up to five authors are invited to submit proposals for symposia on any of the topics related to areas a) – f) in a pdf file through ScienceConf. Sessions will last up to 90 minutes including discussion. Please select ‘Symposium’ as the ‘Type of submission’ in the submission form of ScienceConf. The proposal should be uploaded in one comprehensive document and it should conform to the following structure:
• the title of the corresponding section
• the symposium’s title
• a complete list of names of the symposium’s participants with their contact details
• a general description of the topic and its significance for the philosophy of science broadly conceived (up to 1000 words), the abstracts of the symposium’s contributions (up to 300 words each)
• short CVs (up to 1 page) of the symposium’s participants.
Instructions for submission
Go to the conference site on the platform Scienceconf.org: https://eenps2024.sciencesconf
Find the LOGIN box in the top right corner and either login, if you already have an account, or create a new one. If you create a new account, you will receive an email from the platform to activate your account. Having activated your account, please log in and submit your contribution under the tab My Space, then under the tab Submissions. Complete the required fields: Title, Abstract (insert your short abstract in this field), choose the Type of presentation, select Topic area, and insert Keywords. Navigate further by pressing Next Step, where you will be asked to specify the author(s) and then to upload the PDF file. To submit the PDF file, under ‘TYPE OF THE FILE’ choose ‘Poster’, whether you are submitting a contributed paper or a symposium. If you have completed the process you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 15 February 2024 – deadline for submissions of contributed papers and symposia
• 15 May 2024 – notification of acceptance
• TBA – start of registration and deadline for registration for speakers and attendees
Program Committee: Anna Alexandrova & Jaana Eigi-Watkin (co-chairs), full committee
EENPS Organizing Committee: Joanna K. Malinowska, Magdalena Małecka
Local organizing committee: Elena Popa (chair), Tomasz Żuradzki, Katarzyna Żebrowska, Ewa Grzeszczak, Błażej Skrzypulec, Jay Zameska, Miron Markowski.
This conference is funded through the project “Values, Trust, and Decision Making in Public Health” co-funded by the European Commission and the Polish National Science Centre under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
• We intend to hold a satellite workshop – Socially Engaged Science: Perspectives from Political Economy, History and Philosophy of Science, and Science and Technology Studies – on September 11th 2024. Further details TBA
• Articles based on the presentations at EENPS 2024 may be invited for submission to a special issue of a philosophy of science journal with details to be announced shortly after the conference.